A worldwide leader in contact center and cloud business solutions needed help differentiating the value of their solutions in a highly competitive market. By applying the ValueSelling methodology, Avaya’s sales team exceeded aggressive sales and bookings goals by double digits.
- 40% higher quota attainment
- 19% higher win ratio
- 32% higher win ratio over $250K
- $2.4M increase in overall funnel size
A Fortune 500 global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products sought to rapidly grow profits and top line growth. By implementing the ValueSelling methodology and adopting a common set of tools, Berry Plastics realized year-over-year increases in profitability and pricing improvements.
- 3% increase in share of wallet gains
- 5% year-over-year increase in profitability
- $12M incremental pricing improvement
Improving rep productivity
A global leader in work solution applications engaged Visualize to improve rep productivity—demanding more from existing sales reps—and increase overall deal size. By adopting the ValueSelling Framework, Citrix saw a 44% increase in productivity, with deal size growing in excess of 60% in a single quarter.
- 44% increase in rep productivity per month following ValueSelling training
- 64% increase in deals over $10K grew in one quarter
- Quarterly results skyrocketed from $260K to $1.2M following training
A technology consulting company focused on helping customers with IT services and support looked to increase profitability through more refined services and better execution. The introduction of ValueSelling led to major changes in their day-to-day selling (such as constant coaching from managers) and an integration of the framework into support materials to keep everyone ‘on message.’
- 8-10% increase in business growth year-over-year
- A cultural shift to sell differently, focusing on articulating value vs. selling products
- Increased access to higher-level conversations with prospects
A real-time personalization and customer data platform company was looking to drive revenue through upselling by establishing a simpler—yet rigorous—qualification process and a common language for its sales team. Insight into and confidence in the pipeline was murky at best. By adopting the ValueSelling Framework and a common vernacular, the sales team drove real results in the span of a fiscal quarter.
- Largest quarter in the company’s history
- 50% of the enterprise sales team was 150%+ over quota
- The entire sales team exceeded their numbers four days prior to quarter-end
- Increased productivity per rep and average deal size
A global leader in contact management solutions engaged Visualize to help garner access to key decision-makers, reduce a lengthy sales cycle, and lower their overall ASP. By adopting ValueSelling, Interwoven saw a nearly 20% year-over-year increase in revenues following training and an 85% increase in ASP. Interwoven was acquired by HP/Autonomy in 2009.
- 18% increase in revenue in each of the three quarters following ValueSelling training
- ~85% increase in ASP in the second quarter following training
A manufacturer of bio-based chemicals and specialty polymers aimed to help drive net income growth and higher margins. To jump-start the conversations and start winning new business, the sales and leadership team adopted the ValueSelling Framework.
- 12% increase in sales volume year-over-year
- 26% increase in sales revenue year-over-year
- $2 million increase in net income quarter-over-quarter vs. prior year
Going up and to the right in a down market
In the midst of a recession, a world-leading community of professional jobs and job seekers sought to double-down on prospect engagement by broadening the skill set and focus of its sales team. ValueSelling helped to uncover a stronger value proposition, resulting in higher-quality candidates more quickly and at less cost to the business.
- Double-digit sales growth following the rollout of ValueSelling
- Triple-digit increase in customer call volume interactions
A leading provider of next-generation data platforms for artificial intelligence and analytics lacked consistent sales processes, training, and tools. By learning and applying the ValueSelling Framework, MAPR doubled their sales growth year-over-year and saw a 60%+ increase in new account values.
- 2x growth year-over-year
- 63% increase in new account average order value
- More accurate forecasting across sales campaigns
An IT service management software company was facing numerous challenges, from a costly sales cycle requiring extensive justification, to poor differentiation of their products in the market. Installing the ValueSelling Framework across sales, marketing, and its management teams, newScale realized 50% year-over-year revenue growth following training and their 12-month pipeline grew from 59% to 97%.
- 50%+ year-over-year growth
- 60% increase in upside deals grew
- Average sales cycle went from one year to nine months
An online video technology company struggled with inaccurate forecasting and selling large deals to enterprise customers. By adopting the ValueSelling Framework, the teams were able to collaborate more easily to build the right products, enabling Ooyala to lead with their solutions. ValueSelling also provided a common platform to speak across the sales teams and played a big role in onboarding new businesses.
- 15% increase in qualified pipeline leads
- An increased sense of company culture and cross-team collaboration
- An increase in confidence among team to close big, complex deals
A leading provider of 3-D software struggled to meet their revenue targets (and nearly closed their doors!). After learning and implementing the ValueSelling Framework, Right Hemisphere saw their average sales price double in just two quarters, and then triple in six quarters. Right Hemisphere was acquired by SAP in 2011.
- ASP grew $225,000 to $562,000 in two quarters, and exceeded $750,000 in six quarters
- 50% fewer reps generated an increase in higher value deals quarter-over-quarter following training
- Forecast accuracy grew dramatically
The world’s #1 business app leader was looking to drive predictability at the time they were a newly public company. The ValueSelling Framework proved to be the perfect solution by uncovering value, articulating differentiation, and delivering consistent messaging to their sales and marketing teams.
- 11% increase in win rate on deals where ValueSelling and ValuePrompters® were applied
- Sales and Marketing better equipped to communicate differentiated problems
A provider of cloud-based field service management solutions was looking to dramatically improve overall contract values and the number of sales reps who were missing their quotas. By rolling out ValueSelling, cross-functional teams were able to drive predictability with the business—including getting Mutual Plans in place with prospects. These changes made significant differences in conversions, deal size, and days-to-close for ServiceMax.
- 22% decrease in days-to-close average
- 50% decrease in ramp-up time for sales reps
- 25% average increase in deal size
A cloud-based service solutions leader aimed to aggressively grow revenues in a highly competitive market—while being bogged-down by a lengthy ramp-up for new reps. By learning and applying the ValueSelling Framework to their pipeline, ServiceNow tightened their messaging around customer value and moved from point solutions to a platform offering.
- 2.75x larger ACV when multiple ValuePrompters per opportunity are created
- 2.25x larger ACV when ValuePrompters are actively updated
- 70% larger ACV when ValuePrompters are created early forecast stage
A leader in business-critical mobility solutions, SOTI sought to triple their revenue growth with new customers and drive deeper account penetration. To fuel the conversations and start winning business, the sales team adopted the ValueSelling Framework.
- Revenue targets achieved
- 75% increase in average contract value
- 50% reduction in sales cycle time
A leader in cloud-based human resource management systems engaged Visualize to help grow market share and revenue at a critical time in their growth trajectory. By adopting the ValueSelling Framework, SuccessFactors saw their enterprise deal size grow to over 280% in one year. SAP acquired SuccessFactors in 2012.
- $42K ASP Enterprise ACV to $200K + generating 1M deals/quarter
- An increase in average rep productivity quarter-over-quarter following training – $800K – $1.05M – $1.25M – $1.4M
- Increased forecast accuracy
A leading manufacturer and worldwide supplier of mobile data capture equipment wanted to drive double-digit revenue growth and increase shareholder value. By rolling out the ValueSelling methodology, the Symbol sales team saw a 200% increase in deal size over four quarters, with revenues increasing 22%. Symbol was acquired by Motorola in 2007.
- 200% increase in deal size in just four quarters; continued to 270% in seven quarters
- Average length of sales cycle grew by 10 days initially due to consultative selling
- 22% increase in revenue
A Canadian telecommunications company engaged Visualize to help their sales team shift from a price-based selling strategy to one centered on customer value, and their results speak for themselves.
- 21% year-over-year growth and 50% increase in average sales per rep
- 29% decrease in rep churn year-over-year
- 100% rookie productivity improvement
A leader in global navigation software had trouble differentiating their solution in a highly competitive market, resulting in deep discounts which affected revenue growth targets. By applying the ValueSelling methodology, Trimble’s cost of sales was dramatically reduced and overall revenue increased by 50% following the training.
- Immediately following the installation of the ValueSelling Framework, Trimble closed three large Fortune 1000 accounts
- 50% increase in overall revenue during the first year of installing ValueSelling across their teams
- Dramatic reduction in the total cost of sales
A leading provider of software solutions for enterprise data was having trouble uncovering key business challenges faced by prospects in context to overarching business priorities. Visualize implemented the ValueSelling methodology across the entire company through a series of workshops, giving Varonis a scalable approach and unifying way to better gauge open opportunities.
- 45% increase in new customers, from SMBs to Fortune 50 companies
- 90% customer renewal rate
- 25% increase in revenues
A global leader in cloud computing and platform virtualization software engaged us to help drive an increase in enterprise license and non-core product bookings. By applying the ValueSelling methodology and adopting a common set of tools, the VMware sales team closed the largest deal in company history in its first year of implementation at the time, while shortening their sales cycle by 43%.
- 27-35% increase in Enterprise License Agreement bookings
- 100% increase in non-core product bookings
- 43% decrease in deal cycle times
- Closed the largest deal in company history within the first year of ValueSelling implementation